PUBLICATIONS OF THE PONTIFICAL COUNCIL FOR THE LAITY
Publications by the Pontifical Council for the Laity are generally issued in Italian and, in some cases, other languages. Their contents emerge from events held by the dicastery (conferences, seminars, plenary assemblies...) that deal with the apostolate of the laity, and also Youth Section activities including the International Youth Forum and World Youth Day. Only the Notiziario-News can be obtained through subscription. All other publications are requested by using the special order form.
Notiziario - News
Biannual newsletter with information on activities of the Pontifical Council for the Laity. Published in English, French, Italian and Spanish (annual subscription including postage: € 5).
“Laity Today” collection
1. Rediscovering Baptism, 17th Plenary Assembly, 27-31 October 1997 (€ 6) [sold out].
2. Movements in the Church, World congress of ecclesial movements, 27-29 May 1998 (€ 10). Available in English and Italian only.
3. Rediscovering Confirmation, 18th Plenary Assembly, 27 February - 2 March 1999 (€ 10).
4. The Ecclesial Movements in the Pastoral Concern of the Bishops, Seminar, 16-18 June 1999 (€ 10).
5. The Congress of Catholic Laity - Rome 2000, International Congress, 25-30 November 2000 (€ 15).
6. Ecumenismo e dialogo interreligioso: il contributo dei fedeli laici. Seminar, 22-23 June 2001 (€ 10). Available in Italian only.
7. Rediscovering the Eucharist, 20th Plenary Assembly, 21-23 November 2002 (€ 6).
8. Men and women: diversity and mutual complementarity, Seminar, 30-31 January 2004 (€ 10) Available in English and Italian only.
9. Riscoprire il vero volto della parrocchia (Rediscovering the true face of the parish), 21st Plenary Assembly, 25-27 November 2004 (€ 10). Available in Italian only.
10. The world of sport today: a field of Christian mission, Seminar proceedings, 11-12 November 2005 (€ 10). Available in English and Italian.
11. The Beauty of Being Christians. Movements in the Church, Proceedings of the Second World Congress of the Ecclesial Movements and New Communities (Rocca di Papa, 31 May – 2 June 2006) and texts of the Meeting with the Holy Father Benedict XVI on the Vigil of Pentecost (St. Peter’s Square, 3 June 2006) (€ 15).
12. La parrocchia ritrovata. Percorsi di rinnovamento, 22nd Plenary Assembly, 21-24 September 2006 (€ 15). Available in Italian only.
1. Together on the European Roads, 3rd European Meeting on Youth Ministry, 21-24 September 1998 (€ 10).
2. Youth Jubilee - Rome 2000, 7th International Youth Forum and 15th World Youth Day, 12-20 August 2000 (€ 10).
3. Youth and University: witnessing to Christ in the university world, 8th International Youth Forum, 31 March - 4 April 2004 (€ 10).
- Directory of international associations of the lay faithful (2004) (€ 10).
- The Dignity of Older People and their Mission in the Church and in the World, 1998 (€ 5).
- The Pontifical Council for the Laity (1997) (€ 5).
- The Beauty of Being Christians, Rome 3 June 2006 (€ 5).
- John Paul II and the WYD Cross - Twenty years of the Cross on ‘pilgrimage’ 1984-2004 (€ 5).
- Youth and University: witnessing to Christ in the university world, International Youth Forum, Rocca di Papa (Rome), 31 March - 4 April 2004 (€ 5).
- The Pope and the Movements. Together, Rome, 30 May 1998 (i5) [sold out].
I Care, the magazine of the Youth Section of the Pontifical Council for the Laity published in English, French, Italian and Spanish by the Youth-Church-Hope Foundation before and after each WYD (€ 5).
A DVD on John Paul II and the WYD Cross published by the Youth Section of the Pontifical Council for the Laity and the Youth-Church-Hope Foundation. Languages - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish. Includes a music video of 41/2 minutes and documentary of 34 minutes (€ 8).
Earlier publications are still available from our offices. These are publications by the Youth Section related to events prior to 1997: Proceedings of Meetings, international youth forums and World Youth Day.
“I am the Way, the Truth and the Life”, Santiago de Compostela, 13-15 August 1989.
What do you seek, young pilgrims?, Santiago de Compostela, 15-20 August 1989.
The spirit of the sons and daughters of God: spirit of freedom, Czestochowa, 7-10 August 1991.
“You have received a spirit of sonship”, Czestochowa, 10-15 August 1991.
“I came that they might have life”, Denver, 7-15 August 1993.
Together on the European roads, 1st European meeting on youth ministry, Rome 23-27 May 1994.
“As the Father sent me so I am sending you”, Manila, 6-15 January 1995.
Together on the European roads, 2nd European meeting on youth ministry, Loreto, 12-16 September 1995.
“Teacher, where are you staying? Come and see”, Paris, 14-24 August 1997.